- Luke 14:27 - And anyone who does not carry his cross and follow me cannot be my disciple.
- Matthew 10:38 - and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.
- Matthew 16:24 - Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.
- Mark 8:34 - Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: “If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.
- Luke 9:23 - Then he said to them all: “If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.
Question: So, WHY was Jesus so obsessed with crosses even before he was crucified? I mean, even if Jesus knew what was going to happen, how could the expression have any meaning to those he was talking to yet?
Likely explanation: Jesus’s words were written by people over two centuries after Jesus supposedly lived, and the phrase “take up the cross” was in common use from the myth.
Conclusion: Jesus never actually said any of this stuff.
— Samuel Taylor Coleridge (1772-1834)
American Atheists argue that inclusion of the 9/11 cross and the exclusion of representations suitable to non-Christians constitutes a violation of the First and Fourteenth Amendments to the Constitution of the United States.
Apparently for many self identified Christians, the request by atheists for fair and equal treatment under the law was too much to handle. The explosion of hate coming off the Fox News Facebook page is alarming.
Some more hate spewing from Christians on Fox News’ Facebook page, I posted some of these yesterday, but came across this article, which had even more screen caps, and I feel this can’t be re-blogged enough, this needs as much attention as possible, moderates need to call out the more hateful aspects of their religion, someone needs to let these people know that this kind of behavior is unacceptable.
This, this right here is why I have a problem with religion, look at these people, they sound an awful lot like terrorists don’t they?
These people hold no value on a fellow human’s life just because they don’t believe the same as they do, and people wonder why I’m angry, why I’m worried about what kind of world my children will be living in.
I especially love the guy who says “few groups are filled with more hatred than atheists” how ironic.
Someone please explain to me how this is justified?
These are evil people.